Last week I wrote about cleaning up and purging things. The next question then is always where should I donate the clothes I no longer where or other stuff I no longer need? Below I’ve compiled a list of places you can donate your things to for reference.
- Pankan Society: www.panakansociety.com . They accept almost everything that is still in working condition, resell the things for a very reasonable price and use the funds to for educational scholarships. If you have large pieces such as furniture or large quantities of donation stuff, they will pick it up from your place for free. I’ve used their service before to get rid of old tables and shelves I no longer needed and although it’s around a two week wait, they staff were extremely friendly and even came on a Sunday for me. Call 02 301 1096
- Mirror Foundation, Bangkok : http://www.mirror.or.th/mirrornew/#item8 Founded over twenty years ago the foundation has a number of local initiatives such as helping villagers affected by flooding, helping the homeless, or orphans, any many more. They accept all kinds of things still in working condition as well as books. If you have old computers you no longer use, they also accept it. They offer pick up service as well from your place, but you may be asked to email them photos to show that it is still in acceptable condition. Pick up costs THB 200 to help with transportation costs. Tel. 02-973-2236 -7
- SuanKaew Foundation : http://www.kanlayano.org/info/info_map_02.php Founded by Monk Phra Payom Kallano almost thirty years ago, the foundation accepts everything from broken down furniture, electronics to old clothes. Basically anything that you no longer want. The foundation will fix the furniture or any electronic and resell them. This provides work for the jobless, and also gives them a way in which to make money. The money helps those in need and is even cycled to a number of other projects such as housing for those with AIDs, food for the hungry and other projects. Oh, and if you would like retro furniture at reasonable prices, you can also go shop at their outlets! I saw pictures of old school desks which are perfect for those with children. Tel. 02 595-1946 , ext 113-119, 135; 02-595-1444, 02-921-5023, 02-921-5602-3
- The Thai Red Cross Society: http://www.redcrossfundraising.org/th/html/merit.aspx; You can also donate things to the red cross society and they will resell it at their shop. Tel. 02-256-4622; 02-256-4440-2
- Foundation for Children: http://www.ffc.or.th/info/lack.php; This foundation focuses on helping children who are our future. They provide housing, education and food. Donations accepted run from foods to other necessities. So if you stocked up on years worth of shampoo or toilet tissue and want to declutter your house. These children would be more than happy to accept your oversupply. They also accept educational toys, school materials and sports equipment. Tel. 02-814-1481-7 Donations can also be sent by post.
- Foundation for Slum Child Care: http://www.fscc.or.th/eng/index.html; This foundation helps children who live in slums have a better life. They accept both monetary donations as well as donations for all things children related from old toys, mattresses, pillows to food. They also have corporate programs or can help you organise lunches for children. Tel. 02-249-0953-4 ; 02-541-7991, 02-541-6092-5
There are many more foundations and if you have any particular one you would like me to add to the list, please let me know! 🙂 Let’s help us make this world a better place for everyone. If we don’t help, who will? 🙂 Your excess is someone else’s treasure.