Sometimes your inner voice tells you not to do something, but you do it anyway. Then later you end up thinking to yourself “Damn, why didn’t I listen to my inner voice?” This happened to me exactly this past Monday. Here’s a funny story.
This past weekend, Alex and I have been discussing when best it would be to bring my Baby back home. Yes, my little White Baby Jazz (if you are wondering, it’s my car :)) has been in safekeeping for roughly a month now away from the flood, away from the water that could cause it to choke, suffocate and eventually die. It has only just reached it’s second birthday. Too young to die.
Monitoring water levels, canal drainage, potential flooding estimates, we decided that by this week, I should be able to take my Baby out for a spin. It should be safe enough as the chance of her drowning in water seems quite minimal. She’s restless and needs to get out of her little rectangle high up on the 7th floor. I’m restless and need a spin around town. We decide, Wednesday is a good day.
Yes, we will take Baby Jazz out on Wednesday. A few more days and the situation should be clearer
Comes Monday, all seems well and we have a change of heart. Monday, Monday, will be the day Baby Jazz comes out for a spin! I’m happy. Things are becoming more normal and I can go for spins around town!
I was happy, yet deep inside of me I wondered if it was too soon. Some things were still not too clear. Was I rushing things too fast? I pushed those thoughts aside. What was there to worry about? It will not flood. I was being overly cautious. I was overreacting.
I decide to take her out of safekeeping and bring her safely down to flat land. Once home, she sat happily under the clear cloudless sky enjoying the fresh air and the space around her. Birds flying overhead chirping her welcome. It was a lovely evening the day Baby came back home.
Things seemed normal until I reached the end of the news. The presented asked Professor Seri why certain zones were being declared evacuation zones. What? What zones? They sounded familiar and close by? The professor said we had to check facts on what was happening at the canal. Bangsue canal. Yes, the one by my house.
I got on Twitter, FB and checked the news. Only three hours after Baby arrived home, the roads less than a kilometer away from me were being declared evacuation zones. I wondered what happened to the protocol of having to be declared a “monitoring zone” before evacuation status? Nevermind, the canal must have overflown. The pumps must have broken down. Maybe the water was flowing faster than expected.
My Baby had to go back to safety fast! I got out of bed once more, dressed and in the midst of the night took Baby back to somewhere I’d know she’d be safe.
I knew this would happen! I knew it was too fast too soon to bring out baby. My inner voice tells me again. Why didn’t I listen to it? I didn’t want to.
Upon having completed the task of taking her back to safekeeping and arriving home. I discover the Evacuation notice has been cancelled. What?? Data Error. No Comment.
No matter what, I decide to listen to the original listen voice and wait for Wednesday. Good middle Wednesday.
On Wednesday I let myself listen to my inner voice. Yes, it’s okay now to bring out Baby on Wednesday as initially planned. So tonight I brought Baby home. Let’s hope it’s for keeps this time. 🙂
So listen to your inner voice. Listen to your hunch. It may be just what you need to save you some trouble. Or if you want some excitement in your life, just ignore it. 🙂 Who knows what excitement it will bring? So I had fun driving around. Better safe than sorry!